Friday 29 April 2011

Review #13: Noah And The Whale - Last Night On Earth

Noah And The Whale are quality musicians. I was pleasantly surprised when 'Live Your Life' blared out of my speakers. It wasn't the usual folk sound that i was expecting, yet it mesmerized me as they had changed their style so much, yet it had the same effect of lifting my mood, as their early work did.
'L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.' is clearly the main single from the album as it presents itself in a much broader way than the rest of the album. The clear influences of The Kinks 'Lola' is strong enough to be noticed, but not in a sense that it is stealing the original ideas.
'Just Before We Met' and 'Waiting For My Chance To Come' are the most impressionable tracks on the album. They really show how capable the band are of creating classic albums.
All in all a thoroughly well put together record, that will become many peoples sound of the summer.


8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment