Saturday 30 April 2011

Review #15: The Naked And Famous - Passive Me, Aggressive You

I have to admit that I wasn't expecting a particularly decent record from a band with the name 'The Naked And Famous'. But I was surprised as it was actually one of the best albums I have ever heard.
The main attraction I found in it was that every song had a different feel to it, almost as if each one was a different genre of music, yet they all still kept true to their core style. 'A Wolf In Geeks Clothing' sounds almost hardcore in its intro, whereas 'Frayed' would have happily sat on a 'La Roux' album.
Perhaps one of the strangest things about the album, is that I felt as if I had heard each of the tracks before, yet I knew I hadn't. Like some impossible feeling of deja vu.
Aside from this slight abnormality I felt as if it was a wonderful listen.


8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment