Friday 22 July 2011

Review #58: Black Lips - Arabia Mountain

Listen up! This is the future of music!
The last thing I expected from 'Black Lips' was to find trumpets and various other brass and woodwind instruments, hiding in every nook and cranny on 'Arabia Mountain'.
However, despite this, I find the most magical part of the album to be the sound that the album is recorded on. It does sound like it was made in the 1960's and it hasn't been remastered. It is essentially 16 short tracks that don't mean anything, yet they are brilliant. Much like 'The Ramones'.
However, if I was to compare 'Black Lips' to anything. It would be my beard. Whether it is trimmed finely, or left to grow... It is amazing!
I am as vein as 'Black Lips' are good!

Best Tracks: 'Family Tree', 'Go Out And Get It', 'The Lie'

8/10

Next Review: Emmy The Great - Virtue



No comments:

Post a Comment