Saturday 18 June 2011

Review #43: Pete And The Pirates - One Thousand Pictures

I'm confused.
Can this guy sing? Didn't think so. I don't have a problem with what he is doing. In fact, I often prefer someone who cant sing singing over someone who can sing singing. I mean someone who cant sing shows rawness that someone who can sing can't show purely because they can sing.
Confused? So you should be!
But to me he just sounds like a Eric Idle getting worse at singing; and lets be honest, we thought that was impossible.
But don't get me wrong, 'Pete And The Pirates' are decent. This is proper pirate music. All the 'Ooh Arghs' and the 'Pretty Pollys'!
Only Joking, they have completely lampooned me. I was expecting washer boards and eye patches. Except I ended up with this. Men singing some sort of indie with well... Eric Idle.
P.S. It is actually good. I was just a bit miffed that they weren't actually pirates!

Best Tracks: 'Little Gun', 'Washing Powder', 'Blood Gets Thin'

6/10

Next Review: Cloud Control - Bliss Release

No comments:

Post a Comment