Saturday 25 June 2011

Review #47: Three Trapped Tigers - Route One Or Die

You have to be in the right mindset to enjoy an album so raw as this. And as I type, I am not in this mindset. I find it difficult to listen to instrumental music at the best of times, but this is way to much for me.
Album opener 'Cramm' sounds like it could fit on a 'Dragonforce' album, and I believe that I have completely missed the point of what 'Three Trapped Tigers' were aiming for. Not though my own fault, I am hasten to add. It really doesn't make sense to me, as to what they were hoping to get out of the album.
The lack of vocals, and length of each track means the album drags on, almost as if 'Three Trapped Tigers' were getting off a train to wonderland. Yet they got stuck in the door. It's not great, but it's not horrific either. So they have nothing to worry about. They just need to make something decent next time. 

Best Tracks: I want to say none, but 'Ulnastricter' has a good name

4/10

Next Review: Death Cab For Cutie - Codes And Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment